Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Don't you ever!

Yesterday I realized how often Grant and I say this to our kids...how on earth are they going to survive without being paranoid?

Don't you ever run out into the street, you need to hold mommy or dadda's hand.

Don't you ever pick up a spider, there are some kinds that can hurt you. James loved all bugs and likes to pick them and examine them.

Don't you ever touch this bug. We have been having quite a few centipedes lately and so I had Grant show one to the kids to so they know not to touch them.

Don't you ever put things around your neck. Said to Caleb after Grant walks into the room and he has the dog leash tightly wrapped around his neck.

Don't you ever put bags over your head. As Asher walks in the room saying "Momma, look what I can do," as he places a gallon size ziploc bag over his head.

Don't ever answer the door by yourself. Caleb does that and would let any stranger in, or take anything from anyone.

At least we are not to the "don't you evers" of the teenage years, I can wait for that one!

2 comments:

Annie. said...

Ooooh! All very important things to say "don't you ever" about. Yikes. I think I'll try to enjoy Eli being nice and tiny for right now, where my biggest worries have to do with what I'M doing that is dangerous, rather than what HE is doing also.

Anonymous said...

I was going to say just wait until they are teenagers it's probably good practice for them right now