Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Fighting the June Gloom

It has not been a typical summer for us so far. The weather has been cooler than normal, it has rained a fair amount, and it rarely is warm enough for me to go swimming. So, we have tried to do other things to have fun. On one particular day we decided to break out the kitchen aide and make cookies together. You can tell by how dirty the thing is that it is well used and much loved! Caleb and Jamison helped to put all the ingredients in.
Miquelyn was ready and waiting to test the dough to make sure it was just right (she was instantly hooked....hmmm, must be my child!)

Then it was time to load the cookie sheets. (I have to admit looking at these pictures makes me want to go make another batch just so I can have cookie dough again!) So tasty!


Once things got going Asher was standing by as the clean up committee. He had no problem licking all the excess cookie dough away.



Jamison helped one last time to take the nice warm treats out of the oven (with my help of coarse.)





And not much later the warm gooey goodness was ready to be partaken! Mmmmm, I just love these cookies!








Caleb dove right in.



Asher was not far behind. Jamison ate so much cookie dough that she did not care to have a cookie when it was actually cooked. Mique enjoyed too (no pics to document.)






Now don't you just want to go make some cookies....I do....again! And it is so much more fun to do it together!







10 comments:

Rachel Clare said...

I love the shot with Athena standing there going "MMmmm! Where's mine!?"
:)

Regina said...

Yum! Now I want to make some cookies! Your kitchen-aid mixer is like mine: well used and loved! Thanks for your comment on my last post. Jayden is doing better. Seems he has a virus-herpes. The cold sore one. Only it got him worse than it would you or me. Hoping that he continues to feel better.

Holly said...

Yeah, where did this gloom come from? My Dad said that CA has been like that for weeks, no sun! I am ready for some hot fun in the sun:)

SuSu said...

Please pass the milk........yummy cookies all warm and gooey!

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

MMMmmmm, looks yummy!

Kristy Graff said...

I totally want to go make some cookies now! Thanks for the idea!

Chels said...

I just want the dough. I am like James, I eat so much dough I can't handle one that has actually been cooked.

Annie. said...

Mmmmmmmm. This post is torture! I've cut out chocolate (my favorite thing EVER) because we think it gives Eli a stomachache. Poo!

Mikael Squire said...

Oh how I love your cookies!

Anonymous said...

Awe...those must have been the famous cookies!!! I LOVE them! We make them all the time and still I remember having them with you and wish we were close enough to do that again!!! We really miss you guys!!!