Monday, June 15, 2009

Reading the Summer Away

I was talking to Britney and she showed me the book she was having Andrew read, and I decided I needed to jump on that band wagon with James. I ordered this book and another one very similar. I know "Dick and Jane" I remember reading those when I was a kid, and they are still around. Yep, you better believe it! They are the best books EVER for beginning readers I am thoroughly convinced. James has exploded in her confidence and ability! She reads it all on her own and is sounding out and blending like crazy! She loves it and asks to read every day. I have to admit I love it too! I would get so frustrated trying to help her before, but either she has really matured (reading wise) or these books simply rock (I am thinking a combo of both)! This was the best $ we have spent for the kids...I am thrilled.
And wouldn't you guess, Caleb just had to join in on the fun. Yep, my four year old reads these books all on his own too. He does not blend as well as James, but he reads fantastically!

What is a mother to do. A four year old with another full year of preschool and he is already reading????? Good luck Miss Michelle and K teachers! I am so proud of them both. I love reading, and I am so glad so far my kids love it too!

4 comments:

brit said...

Yeah! i love them too! and that caleb, what a smart little cookie!

SuSu said...

Great job Jamison and Caleb! Reading is the best!

Holly said...

Very cool! Before you know she will be reading Harry Potter!

Ashley Allred said...

Way to go Jama! And I wouldn't expect anything less from Caleb. He's always bigger than his age. Good job Kiddos!