Monday, June 8, 2009

My little missionaries




(These pictures are a little old, but they fit the post...so)
Last Sunday after we got home from church the kids and I had the following conversation. I do not want to forget this and had to write it down!
James: Mom, what church does Kyle go to?
Me: He does not go to a church.
James: Why not?
Me: He just doesn't.
Caleb and Jamison: Can he go to our church with us?
Me: We can go to his house and ask him if he wants to go with us next time. Do you want to do that?
James and Caleb: Yeah, can we go to his house and tell him if he can go to church with us?
Me: You can ask him if he wants to come, we will go to his house later and ask him.
(Every day of the week the kids reminded me that we needed to go to his house and invite him. Saturday we went and talked to his mom and asked him, telling him he could go if he wanted to, but did not have to. He said that he would go. We all were very excited. About a half hour before church his mom called and said he decided not to...no big deal.)
What my kids taught me: They have a simple innocence and truly wanted to share something they love with their friend. I love the gospel, but I am not as eager to share. They were not afraid to ask. I am afraid to ask. They tried, and it was Kyle's choice to say no, but they did their part. Am I doing my part. I have known for years that I need to be better, but I never would have guessed that my kids would be the ones to lead the way. Thanks James and Bub, you teach me how to be better!

3 comments:

SuSu said...

That is awesome. What a great example they are.......and a little child shall lead them!

Holly said...

I love this post! It reminds us that we are all supposed to "be like little children". Thanks. what a sweet memory:)

Annie. said...

How sweet! Thanks for setting such a good example, Jama and Bubs.