Thursday, June 18, 2009

Not him, he is so sweet....right?

Well, he proved just how "tart" he can be today. I have started to do my grocery shopping at Walmart (I hate it and if you lived in Farmington you would understand why, but I love saving $ even more.) Well, due to a water leak in our house and a plumber having to cut a hole in the ceiling (a whole other story) we did not get to the store until later in the afternoon. I spend half my time telling Asher to stay with me, hurry up, and you do not need to touch everything. I was being a nice little mamma and bought the kids 4th of July shirts (I love them and they are only $3). We got up to check out and my kids always take the bait with all the toys at the check out counter. I spend my time at the counter unloading my cart, reloading it and telling the kids to get up off the floor and stop touching the toys. I get everything done and go to get Asher, realizing as I walk to him that he would not relinquish his flag shirt and I did not pay for it. By now the line is huge and I do not have the time or patience. I tell him we did not pay for it so he does not get it. He proceeds to cry and repeat but I want it, I want it! He starts stomping his feet and crying louder. The sweet lady next in line says I can jump in in front of her to pay for it. I have the two older kids watching the already overflowing cart with Mique in it pulled off to the side. I am holding Asher trying to get him to stop crying. He has not yet given up when it is our turn. I try to hand the check out lady the shirt so we can scan it. That throws Asher over the edge. He pitches a ROYAL fit. His cries are no full blown screams, he starts thrashing around in my arms and throws the shirt, because he does not want it scanned....yeah I know it makes sense. He then throws it behind me and the hanger got caught in my hair. I am trying to slide my card to pay, sign, and explain to him that the shirt is in my hair since he cannot find it. He never figures it out, the lady behind me gets it untangled from my hair, the check out lady takes my receipt all the way to my cart and puts it in a bag because Asher is consuming me. I walk out holding him still crying while pushing an overflowing cart top to bottom, and baby strapped in and two others I am trying not to run over because I cannot see them. Yep I am that mom that everyone shakes their head at in the store and whispers that she should not have so many kids if she cannot control them. So even though he looks so sweet, there is a dark side!


11 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh Asher boy! You and your cousin came from the same mold!
Poor mama! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has to tell my kids to get up off the floor of Wal Mart and stop touching everything, no candy, put the toys back, etc. etc.
Deep breaths, very deep breaths ;)

Amy said...

I'm with you too. No major fits (just small ones) yet... Max will be my one. The other 2 love the toys at the check out and I am always telling them to get off the floor. Every time we get home from that store, I feel like we all need to be decontaminated!

Edwards trio said...

So funny!

SuSu said...

Oh Asher I love you so and the passion even more!!

Holly said...

Many of times I have been in your shoes and let me tell you it isnt very fun. Sorry that you had "one of those moments" but just know you are not alone!

Mikael Squire said...

You can send him to live with me any time you want. I will send him back when he embaraesses me at the store.

Annie. said...

Oh wow, sounds like a party! :)

brit said...

hahaha, chuckle chuckle, hee hee, wahha wahhaa ( if you didn't get the point i am laughing hystericaly right now)

Kara said...

Wow. I am right there with you. It seems like our third children have a lot in common.

Angela said...

Hey! I just found you through Chanel's blog. It's really late and I have to go but I look forward to reading all about you!

angela

Anonymous said...

YOu made me laugh and youmade me cry. Wow good to know that I am not the only one who has moments like that. Our kids will be the death of us wont they. Sweet little Asher trying your patience.