Saturday, October 9, 2010

Being the Aunt...Again!

This week Grant and I went to Las Vegas for a business meeting he had. The cool part about Vegas (besides the outlets, quite possibly the only cool thing) is that my brother and his family recently moved to Vegas, so I got to see my Eva the Diva, Leighton the Monkey and the newest addition Dean, with hair that should make Isaac very, very jealous! Usually when I am around them I have all of my troops with me, so I feel like I have to focus most my energy on my own kids and do not truly get to enjoy my nieces and nephews. Well, this time with only Isaac in tow and Grant there to help, I was finally able to REALLY be present with these cuties! It was sooo much fun to make them giggle, to hold their hands, and to love on them. I cannot even begin to explain how good it felt to be able to help another mother (I feel like my sisters and sister-in-laws are allows giving me aide, and it is soooooo appreciated. I keep telling myself someday my kids will be more independent and I will get a chance to pay it forward.) Well, I was able to have a few moments of being there with my little Webb's, and it was absolutely wonderful. It is so fun to be the aunt again!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I am so jealous! I am not really an aunt yet. Lucky you!

Mikael Squire said...

Being an aunt is my favorite thing to do!