Saturday, October 2, 2010

I sure know how to pick them

I do not know how I do it, but I know how to pick them every time. With these odds maybe I should try Vegas...but then again what I am picking is not a good thing. No matter what I always manage to pick the line in the store (mostly grocery store) that will take the longest, even if it is the shortest line. Last week I found a line that was super short, in fact the checker was almost done. And then it began. It appeared as if the man did not have enough money, so he was waiting for someone to come help him out. After a good five minute wait another person finally came and started to decide what they could take out to be able to pay. That process took a bit, but even after that there were problems. Apparently they were trying to pay with food stamps and he was trying to buy some popcorn chicken that food stamps does not cover. They got that out, then between him and two other people they rounded up about 60 cents to pay for it. Then the checker was trying to back everything out on the register to make the cost go down. She had problems and had to call a manager. The manager came over and could not figure it out. I think I was in the store shopping for about 15 minutes, and stood in line for about 35-40. I finally reloaded my cart and changed lines. As soon as I did that the first register finished and left...yep I sure know how to pick them. I have learned to not get frustrated, upset or rude because this is what I do. I always pick the line that is going to have problems. Maybe I should start letting the kids pick the line.

2 comments:

Holly said...

I could go on about this...I spent 20 minutes in line at Safeway for less than 10 items because the checker was new. Nice. It makes me grumpy when I go to the store.

Amy said...

I'm a winner at picking lines too. So irritating! Maybe I need to start bringing uno or a book with me... to kill time. To add to the annoyance, there are always those DUMB toys in check out. I'm constantly having to keep the kids from touching everything.