Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another reason why I love my gorgeous husband


There are so many reasons to love this man immeasurable amounts, but I have yet another reason! I wanted to do a 10K run here over Memorial Day weekend (Riverfest) and gently persuaded him to run too. He has not run, (or as he puts it walked fast )since the half, so he opted to do the 5K instead. We started the run together. He slowed his pace down so he could run with me. I have been doing the P90X program for the last three weeks along with running...so my body is pretty fatigued. I did not feel all that great during the run. I wanted to run it under an hour, but but the end of 3 was thinking it was virtually impossible the way I was feeling. Grant finished at the 5K and I continued on to do another 3.1 miles. I never felt great, but running with Grant pushed me to do better. As I had about a 1/4 mile left I came around a corner to see Grant running towards me. He was coming to find me to help me finish my race. He ran the last bit with me telling me I was almost there and helping me finish strong (even though I felt far from!) I cannot tell you how much it lifted my spirits and will to have him come to finish it with me. What a good man! As if it wasn't enough for him to run with me even though he does not love it, and to slow down so he can be with me, he came to my side to finish it off. I have to admit I fell even harder for him in that moment. What can I say, I am the luckiest girl alive!
P.S. I ran it in 55 min but the best part about that was how Grant kept telling me how proud he was of me...I feel incredible when I hear those words from him!

5 comments:

Regina said...

Ahhhh! I love it! I think it's great Grant is so supportive! That is a great pic. of you two!

Annie. said...

What a great guy! This post made me all teary (I'm sure the hormones aren't helping either). He's a winner, Brit.

By the way, my sister Rachel is doing P90x and LOVES it! I have a few other friends who have also done the program. It always comes highly recommended and it has worked for everyone I know (not that YOU need it...).

SuSu said...

I love to hear these things. I'm proud of both of you. Blessings to you.

Kristy Graff said...

awww! i love grant too-he really is awesome!

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Hey!
Good job on your race! That was awesome of Grant to be so supportive.