Monday, May 4, 2009

Art Contest


Every year at Jamison's school there is an art contest. There is a winner in each grade for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and kid's choice. Four local artist's come and judge and then the kids judge their own grade. Jamison won kid's choice for Kindergarten. I could not see her face when they called her name, but it was so cute because she walked right up to the table to claim her prize in front of the WHOLE school, without batting and eye. She has been so proud of the bag of goodies she got (colored paper, glue stick, crayons, markers, scissors, and water paints.) It was fun to see her get something fun after a difficult year adjusting. We had fun doing the art project together too. Side note, of the of the 24 awards given to the whole school, 6 were awarded to members of our ward.

11 comments:

Amy said...

I'm proud of you James. What a beautiful picture.

brit said...

i loved loved loved her pic and am so glad that she won! andrew was very happy for her too!

The Hillan Family said...

Hi there! It's Alisa (Cardon)by the way. I had no idea you had four kids!!! I bet you are busy. I just have two and I have no idea how mom's can have 3 or 4. They sure are cute! Your mom sent a picture of all the grand kids a long time ago and it was when Jamison was just a baby. She has gotten so big!It was fun to read what you and your family have been up to!

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Congrats to Jamison!! How exciting! She looks so cute in her picture.

Chels said...

Congrats girl. It is good to have a good thing come along.

Holly said...

Yay Jamison! I could totally see her being an artist. Her and Aubs will HAVE to have a playdate this summer.

Meshan said...

Such a cute picture! Four sure is a handful isn't it? I can't imagine life without all of them though!

Kimberly said...

Great job Jamison. I hope that Ruth and Mary can be just as beautiful, smart and brave like you!

SuSu said...

Great job Jamison. I love your artwork. Maybe someday you could sent me a picture for me to hang on my wall.

Annie. said...

How exciting! Great job, Jama! I love your art piece, it's so creative! Love you!

Chanel said...

It is so pretty James! I love it. Good job winning! you are taking after your mom aren't you.