Monday, May 11, 2009

It is FINALLY ours!

As of Friday the house is finally legally ours! The funds all came in and it recorded. Now when my kids ask, "Mom, can we stay here forever?" Instead of saying, "I hope so...." now I can say, "Of course we can!" It really is such a relief to not have to worry about it anymore! We still have not hung any pictures, but to celebrate we bought a shed on Saturday and put it together. Our security system is now in and we happy!

I want to write down our timeline so I can remember how it all went down:

February 28: Got an offer on Dustin house

February 28: Made on offer on Sunrise house

March 1: both offers accepted!

March 27: 1st cheduled closing date

March 24: start moving into house...word that we closing would not happen for at least two weeks.

April 15: 2nd scheduled closing

April 13: word that we needed to extend another week

April 22nd: 3rd scheduled closing

April 21st: word that is was once again not going to happen and another extension

April 2? (it all started to blend together) forth extension

April 30: signed on Dustin house

May 1st: Signed on new house

May 8th: funds finally all in and the house is ours!

9 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! What a crazy, stressful spring you guys had. I hope you enjoy your new house, it looks great. I am so happy for you guys!

Amy said...

Yahoo and Hallelujah! 'Nough said!

Rachel Clare said...

Congratulations (finally)!
Love the new place. Can I stop by when we're back in town?

Chels said...

Party!!!

Regina said...

Yah!! I'm so glad it finally all worked out! I love your new location!!

Miquelyn Hollingsworth said...

YAY!! Congratulations!

Annie. said...

Oh, thank GOODNESS it is all finished! Congrats you guys - we are so happy for you!

Kristy Graff said...

Congrats! I'm soo glad that everything worked out finally!

Kara said...

Wow. I'm so glad everything finally worked out. What a stress that must have been. Congratulations!