Monday, May 18, 2009

Take the Challenge

So, I have a problem...If something seems impossible, or someone tells me it cannot be done, I will set out to prove it wrong. This last Christmas my mom found these boots at Dillards that she wanted to get for Mikael, but when she went back they were gone. She looked online and could not find them in her size and especially not in the right color. She was ready to give in and get something else...so here I come. I was on a mission. it took me a day, but I eventually found several stores that not only had it in stock, but found a pair that was way cheaper than my mom would have originally paid. Very satisfying I must say. So on to my most recent challenge. The other day Harley and Jamison were painting their nails. Asher got a hold of the bright glittery maroon color and spilled it all over his shorts. I was not happy. I was pretty sure I would not be able to get it out, it was really dark, dried in and on khaki shorts. The next day I asked all the moms at play group if they knew how to get nail polish out of clothes. The overwhelming response was it was not going to happen, I better just get a new pair of shorts. I would probably spend less money buying a new pair. Okay now I am really on a mission, I was going to make it happen. I got home and read a bunch on the Internet. The magic ingredient was....off skintastic, sounded weird, but I thought I would try it.
I scrapped of the excess polish with a knife and started to spray it on. It faded the color, but it was still there. I did it over and over and faded it a tad.

Next I tried my all time favorite chocolate and blood stain remover, but that did not cut it either. I was not giving up yet though. I moved on to my other all time favorite all purpose stain remover Biz.

I made a paste and left it on over night. It pulled out a ton of the color of the polish, but not the fabric. I sprayed off on it again and scrubbed it with a toothbrush. There was almost no stain left. I soaked the shorts over night in water and biz, and alas....no more stain!!!!! I know it is silly to be so happy about something such as this, but I am....I did it, and all with item around my house and no expense to me.
You want to hear the ridiculous part, I bought these shorts at a consignment store for about 3 dollars and couple of weeks ago, it was not like they were made of gold, but I loved them, and now I saved them. I know, I have a problem!


10 comments:

Mikael Squire said...

Yeah, as long as I benefit from your determination, no complaints here. I love those boots!

Regina said...

You crack me up!! I probably would have thrown the shorts away! But I'm glad I'm not the only freak out there that LOVES a bargain!

Carolyn~ said...

That's it...I'm calling you for ALL of my stains!

brit said...

good work, i think that's awesome. especially since you didn't buy a thing.

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Yaa hoo!
That is awesome you got it out!
I didn't know if you would. Would you like to get Logan's out for me??? jk

SuSu said...

That's me, tell me "no" and then I have to make it happen; I always know there is a way.......I believe everything is possible!!

SuSu said...

PS, I love those boots.....I have a pair of black ones.......love them!

Annie. said...

That's AWESOME. I am going to have to make a mental note of this post for the future, when I get a nasty stain. :) I've never heard of Biz before!

Kristy Graff said...

you are so funny! I love it! Biz is my favorite stain remover too and I love to make a paste out of it and let it soak. It works so good!

Kara said...

Good work, Brittani! I might have to try some of your favorite stain removers on my downstairs carpet. (My dog just pooped blood all over my basement.)