Sunday, October 12, 2008

The greatest husband EVER


So the greatest husband ever happens to belong to me! Let me back up. The other night I had a melt down (and for anyone that knows me, I hate feeling like I do not have control over myself or my emotions...or much of anything actually; so to openly admit I lost it is kinda a big deal. But it does demonstrate why Grant is so good!) Anyhow, I was having a day due to numerous things that are impacting our life and mostly due to sleep deprivation. Grant was trying to get me to talk to him. Unfortunately that is not always an easy feat, especially if I feel the tears welling. He was persistent and I eventually let go and told him everything that was on my mind, and there seemed to be a lot of various concerns. One that escaped my mind and mouth was that I am tired of taking care of all of Jamison's medical by myself. We have to go to ABQ to see her doctor and had to go there when she needed to go under for her exams. In the four years we have lived here Grant has been able to go once. I was in ABQ last week and have to go again this week with all four munchkins. It is not that bad of a drive, and I have done it by myself with all of the kids more times than I can count, but the lack of sleep was clouding my ability to deal with the pending trip. I kept telling Grant that I would be fine once I got some sleep and a new day begun. He took the time to get me to talk (which even though I do not always want to is the best thing for me) listened and gave me hugs.I am the kind of person that once I purge all my concerns I can move on. I purged and knew I would feel capable of handling all the next day. So the next day came and I was good. We were on with life as normal. Or were we? Grant came home the next day and slyly informed us that he was going to go to ABQ with us. He was gone 3 days of work last week at a meeting, so for him to take a day off this week is unreal. He is not easily persuaded to take off time. It just reaffirmed to me how much he loves me and that he would do whatever was humanly possible to make me happy. I could have easily made the trip myself, but it will be so much better with him as my companion. He takes such good care of me and does all he can to make me the happiest person ever, and little things like this make him succeed. So yes, I have the greatest husband ever!

3 comments:

SuSu said...

That is something a mother loves to hear! We think he is pretty great too. But we also know he married a pretty awesome women!! We love you both!!

Chanel said...

Good for him! Everyone know you are Wonder Woman, but even she needs Superman by her side every once and awhile!

Quarantine Coronacation said...

Yeah for Grant. He has always been sensitive and it looks like he turned out to be a sensitive husband.

I sure enjoy your blog. Keep it up. YOu do a great job celebrating your life and your beautiful children.

Stacy