Friday, October 24, 2008

Siblings




I have been feeling slightly guilty lately that I am not at the school at all helping Jamison and doing things with her and her class. I try to keep tabs through Chelsey and Britney, but I am not physically there. I was telling Chelsey I wish I could be more involved, but it is a choice that Grant and I have made to have so many little kids so close in age. She responded that they would rather have their siblings than me at the school. It got me thinking about my own siblings. There was a time when the though crossed my mind that if it had been just Chanel and I how much more we would have, but there is no way I would trade the brothers and sisters for anything. If you would have told me 10 years ago (give or take 6 years) that I would be as close to all my brothers and sisters as I am, and how much I would love them and their friendship, I probably would not have believed it.) I love that I can count on good advice, help with kids, a reason to laugh, good conversation, an excuse to get out of town, a game night, a listening ear etc. My brothers and sisters mean so much to me, and I would not trade them for my mom helping at the school. Thanks Chels for keeping me straight. You know what else is great...that through marriage I have gained even more siblings. I really feel like my in-laws are real brothers and especially sisters. I am so lucky and blessed! So in short, I hope that our kids, someday, will be glad that mom had their brothers and sisters even if it meant she could not be at school as much as other moms.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Love you! It's always nice to be reminded that what we do with our kids is what really matters.

Mikael Squire said...

Last night I was talking with my friends and they were saying how they have the rest of eternity to be with their families so when they go home they like to hang out with their friends. I couldn't believe it! I just want to be with my brothers and sisters as much as I can! As much fun as I am having here, when ever I think about coming home and hanging out with everyone, I get really excited. Love you!

Chanel said...

I agree, family is everything- the rest is just fluff. There is nothing you could be doing at school that is more important than getting your other angels prepared fro their experiences in kindergarten. An their is nothing better you could give them then best friends.

Kimberly said...

Amen! I feel exactly the same way! I love the pictures. I cannot wait to see those kiddos.
So, tag you're it!!