Friday, October 10, 2008

I need you


How can you not want to kiss those little lips? I can never resist, and for the most part he smacks back! He is such a little lover with a huge personality. This morning he was wondering around the house and decided he wanted oatmeal (his new favorite food of choice, no matter what time of day). So I hear this, "Momma, I need you." I do not know why, but I love it when he says that. Last night he cried it in his sleep and it was the saddest little I need you I have ever heard. He is sure growing up and more often than not now he will say something that rings as clear is a bell and I have to do a double take to see if Asher said it or Caleb. He is not my little baby anymore. It cracks me up when he says OK because it comes out "otay" in a little rascals kind of way. Yesterday Grant called him to come inside and he replied, "alright, I am coming," with a little attitude behind it. I think he gets it from his sister. Since my sister-in-laws little nephew (who was just weeks older than Asher) passed away, every time I look at Asher I am just a little more grateful for his place in our family and his personality (I even try to remember that mid-tantrum.) The two's can be terrible, but little moments such as mentioned above make them absolutely terrific!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sweet boy Asher! I love when they start talking like big people, except for when it is to talk back. lol!

Anonymous said...

Yeah I am so glad you found me. Your blog is so cute. It's a great way to keep a journal.