Sunday, October 19, 2008

One of those weeks

Have you ever had one of those days, or even one of those weeks? Well, I did. It was a crazy one. Monday I was getting our family ready to go to ABQ for another appointment. I started the laundry, but did not get very far. We left that night. I got the kids dinner before we went to Grant's work. I did not get them soda as to avoid possible sticky messes. When we stopped at Grant's work I said they could get out of their seats and have a sip of mine if they did not spill. I am sure you can see where this is going...yep a big ole spill all over my car. What do you do? Grant had to take a car for a dealer trade, so we had to drive separate, but it was a good drive.

On Tuesday we had James's appointment and fantastic news, she does not have glaucoma! Wahoo!!! She does not need to go back on eye drops, another bonus. We will see that Dr again in a year and her other on six months. She is doing so great and we are so excited for the recent news. We played with Justin and Ashley for a bit and then headed back home. No more laundry found its way to being clean that day.

On Wednesday I got Jamison up and off to school and then at 9:30 met friends to take the kids to the Pumpkin Patch. There we played in a corn playground, did a corn maze, picked pumpkins, learned about the different kinds of pumpkins and squash, took a hay ride and the boys ate lunch. I made it back in town in time to pick up James from school. I went home for an hour to get Grant and I lunch, and then off again to take the kids to a Primary program practice. I was going to drop the kids off and go run errands, but when I got there I decided to stay and help with the practice. After that it was off to Walmart to get James's new glasses ordered and do a little shopping. I got home at 6:00 just in time to make a frozen skillet meal and then get the kids shipped off the bed. Once again laundry was not done and beds were not made (which almost never happens in this house, it is kind of a sanity thing for me.)

Thursday I finally got around to finishing the laundry (four days in the making), but still did not get around to the ironing. Friday I did a major house cleaning and then took a needed break and went to Chelsey's house to scrapbook. I did not get much done, but I just love being with Chels and Christi and hanging out.

Saturday we had a full day. The whole family (except Mique of course) cleaned out the garden and cleaned up the yard...it looks great. Grant winterized and then he went running. When he got back I went running. After showers and lunch the boys went to the golf course to putt and the girls went shopping to try and find me some cheap pants to hold me over until I lose the extra baby weight. We all met up at Sams and did a major grocery/food storage shop.) After that it was off to Safeway for more groceries and Petco for dog food. I think Grant got a taste of why I hate grocery shopping so much with four kids...maybe he will be even more appreciative of the fact that I do it all the time by myself. Productive but exhausting day.

On Wednesday I was feeling a little down because I felt like I got nothing done around the house. I did not even cook a real meal. I kept telling myself that someday my kids will not remember the house being clean that day or doing the laundry, but they will remember that Mom took them to do something fun, and stayed to help them at church. I hope they will know that I do things for them so they can be happy. Even though I did not get the things done I normally do, I accomplished the important things!

Saturday was a great family day. I love it when we work together as a family. Thank goodness the kids still think it is fun. I know it will not last, but girl can hope and wish! Hopefully we are not only having fun, but teaching the kids the importance of work. Looking back on my week, it was a week, a really good week!

2 comments:

SuSu said...

And productive I would say. Great job.

Perry, Christi and Logan said...

Wow- You do stay super busy with 4 kids. Only having Logan I am usually looking for things to do, I'm sure that will change with the more kids we have so I probably better enjoy it.