Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The precious moments

This morning I was feeding Mique. A lot of times in the morning I will get back in my bed and read a book while I feed her. I let the boys kind of run wild and do their own thing. This morning after I fed her she was pretty groggy, so I decided to put her on my chest and just snuggle for a little bit. I could think of a million things I wanted to do and should do, but I did not move. I put down the book and just enjoyed having my little baby near. I was laying there thinking that I need to take these moments with her because she will grow up quicker than I want and this will not be an option. I can always clean the floor later. I was also thinking how good it felt to have her cuddled up to me...it is one of my favorite feelings in the world. Before long Caleb found his way on the bed and laid next to us, just nuzzling up to me. That put a smile on my face. Just a few minutes after that Asher was on the other side of me. He leaned over gave his sister a d kiss and cuddled in next to me too. There is no way to describe how I felt at that moment. That made my day! The only problem was James and Grant were not there close by too. If I would have gotten up to clean I would have missed out on the precious moment. I am glad I took time to be a little lazy and really enjoy my kids!

3 comments:

SuSu said...

Those are the precious moments .... and you can't get those back!

Chanel said...

They will grow too fast, and the floor will still need swept. Sweep later, enjoy now- everyday!

April said...

Brittani!! Oh how we've missed you guys! I'm so glad you started a blog. Bryan and I are always like... remember Brittani and Grant... they are so awesome... we want to be like them! Congrats on your fourth baby! She's beautiful, of course. I'm so happy to know things are going so well for you guys!